SailNet Community - View Single Post - Harness Combos & Price
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2002

davidk is on a distinguished road
Harness Combos & Price

I agree I don''t think there is a right or wrong. we can only include our own views/experiences, then its make your mind up time. We are just commisssioning a new yacht and multiple sets of wet weather gear and safety equipment are on the list, which is all very bad for the cheque book but nevertheless interesting.

Have you noticed that the main manufacturers of foul weather gear are producing their latest ocean & offshore jackets without pockets for integral harnesses for the first time this season. we''ve just bought a dozen Gortex HPX Musto Offshore jackets and the new 2002 designs have no provision for integral harnesses. This is what we wanted because we figure that we now want buoyancy aids (PFDs to you!) that incorporate harnesses (with crotch straps, lights, sprayhoods, yachtname etc as per ORC). We''re now running on the theory if you need your lifejacket on you need a harness and visa versa. So I can only say we''ve all decided to have all in one equipment (and we have to pay for the priviledge!)

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook