SailNet Community - View Single Post - How big a holding tank vs. camping
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
How big a holding tank vs. camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamese View Post
I'm a member of a very small minority of people who prefer a porta potti to any other system. People are reluctant to consider a porta over a holding tank system, but why anyone would prefer a bucket to a porta potti is beyond me, unless you think carrying a bucket of poo past your friends in the cockpit is a good conversation starter. Don't trip! And really, you'd rather sit on a bucket than a toilet seat?!?

Our porta never smells, unless it's left fairly full for a long time. A quick dump and clean and the smell is GONE. Easy to dump it...our Thetford has a spout that swings out and allows easy draining into a shoreside toilet. You just carry it there like a briefcase. You can label it "affordable healthcare act".

No worries if someone wants to use too much TP or drops a feminine product or two in there. Try that with a holding tank.

I, too, am on the great lakes where discharge in the water is not legal, but I've found myself out on the lake with no other boats in sight and with a full porta potti. You'll never guess what happened next!

A good porta potti is 75 bucks, and they tend not to break. Obviously, no repair can ever cost you more than 75 bucks.

And how many days or weeks can you stay out without a dump? I have owned porta-potties. You are even more restricted than us.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Last edited by Cruisingdad; 01-16-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook