SailNet Community - View Single Post - How big a holding tank vs. camping
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: How big a holding tank vs. camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
While we ingest pharmaceutical poisons and they remain in our waste, we are far from the only species that eats stuff other species would find poisonous. That's totally biased.

The gut flora necessary for a carnivore's digestion is what causes the odor. It's actually worse in some other carnivorous species.

There should be zero discharge in confined harbors for obvious reasons. There is zero scientific evidence of the need to be 3 miles offshore.

While i agree with many of your posts, i disagree with this.

Many of the virus' we release in our waste are harmful to marine life - esp. coral. I read some publications on this and i apologize if I do not have the links.

I personally have witnessed a large decline in reefs. I have seen bleaching where before there was none. The ocean seems to be in decline to me. I have no scientific evidence for this my friend, just my years here and the comments from many of my cruising friends.

I am afraid what is out there is but a shadow of what was before, and our children may see a shadow of that.

That is one huge reason why i do what i do with my kiddos when most think we are crazy... And at great cost to us.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook