BVI Moorings Charter - Suggestions?
The wife & I did a Moorings charter in April last year...a wonderful experience, & I''m definitly going to do it again in the future.
We chartered a 361 Beneteau, as we have the same boat here in Windsor.
I''d suggest to avoid the flotilla, unless you like being on shuttled around on "package tours" like a tourist.
As some others have mentioned, a fair amount of the fun of doing this, is to be able to decide "when to go, & when to stay", & if your part of a flotilla, that''s taken away from you, in exchange for being part of the group.
As for me, I planned our trip with a great amout of help from Leslie Sides of the Moorings Clearwater Florida office...she''s a very nice & knowledgeable sweetheart of a gal, that is very good at the job.
Please tell her I said HI & want more "free days" next time !!!
I certainly share the opinion of wannasail, who mentions the 50 Beneteau, as it is a classic chater boat.
It will be lots of room for all of you, with a head for each couple, & a bonus one too, for anyone with an emergency.
Our trip went as follows :
1) Peter Island (Little Harbour)
2) Cooper Island (a GREAT SPOT)
3) Trellis Bay ("Last Resort" for dinner)
4) Marina Key (Pain Killer @ Pussers porch)
5) Virgin Gorda (Baths then VG yacht harbour...TAKE A CAB TO "THE ROCK" RESTAURANT FOR A GIANT LOBSTER DINNER !!!!!)
6) The Bitter End (should have stayed here longer)
7) Anagada (a nice enough spot, but I wouldn''t bother go there again)
8) Cane Garden Bay (we spent two days there, it''s as good as it gets !!!)
9) Yost Van Dyke (Foxy''s is manditory)
10) Sopers Hole (no one there knows who Soper was)
11) Norman Island (the Bight..keep a watch for nudists !!!)
12) Back to Moorings Base at Roadtown.
Best of luck !!!