SailNet Community - View Single Post - beware of barefoot charters
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2002

mauigirl is on a distinguished road
beware of barefoot charters

My husband and I recently put a boat in charter with Mary Barnard at barefoot charters and I feel the need to warn others of the thievery that goes on behind her closed doors.Our boat was fully equipped with offshore lifejackets,radio,sextant,flaresand flare gun,new dishes,fire extinguishers and brand new altenators and new fuel line pump for the dinghy and a brand new yamaha dinghy motor...when we picked our boat up we knew the meaning of "bareboat chartering" .You bring a boat in fully equipped and when you return to pick her up she is BARE.
To add insult to injury they,Mary and Seth, stole the money from the last charter and said"What are you going to do about it...We have your money"
These people need to be exposed for who they are! In my journeys thru the caribbean I have met numerous other disappointed,angry charterers and owners alike.
Not only did Barefoot charters remove our altenators -which were 3 months old-but they charged us over 525.00USD to jury rig an old altenator with a multitude of wires that is an electrical nightmare.
Any one wanting to defend this commpany contact me I have photos and paper work to prove the unethical behavior of these people.
And I can prove the words that flow from the mouth of Seth and Mary are all lies.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook