SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
The "professor" takes a new student:

Michlel Desjoyeux, the two times vendee globe winner (and three times winner of the Solitaire du Figaro), called with good reason by the French "Le professeur" took under his wing the new French talent Corentin Horeau and will team up with him on the next Transat AG2R.

A nice guy Michel and with an eye for new talents. His last "student" was François Gabart, the last winner of the Vendee Globe and that one has already grown his own wings.

Corentin Horeau : "I didn't really know Michel before dinner with him one night in Gijon during the last Solitaire du Figaro. It was after this dinner that I got the idea to propose to do race the Transat with him. I was a little intimidated, but I told myself that I had nothing to lose. So I sent him an email when he was sailing the Transat Jacques Vabre with François [Gabart]."

Desjoyeaux : "I immediately thought Corentin's idea was friendly when I was offered to sail the Transat AG2R with him. To sail in the Figaro is part of my program in 2014, so this opportunity is welcome. I didn't know Corentin very well before last summer on the Solitaire du Figaro. I admit that the current passed between us and our partnership should be effective. We will train over winter in Port La Forêt where a lot of courses are already scheduled out of the Pôle France Finistère Course."

Corentin was the 2012 winner of the Team Bretagne-Crédit Mutuel trials, that is the is French equivalent of the Artemis Offshore Academy, both aiming to bring new blood and talent to solo sailing offshore racing. Now Bretagne-Crédit Mutuel has made him its 'Skipper Espoir'.

I bet we will have here another winner. The 24 year's old skipper had done recently his first solo racing Transat with the best Figaro sailors (transat Bretagne Martinique), finishing 8th out of 15, even with some problems (he run out of fuel and water).

Here we can see him finishing that Transat:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 01-17-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook