SailNet Community - View Single Post - How big a holding tank vs. camping
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014

Omatako will become famous soon enough
Re: How big a holding tank vs. camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootnavigator View Post
Well for one thing we don't use them, they are for emergency which has been written by many people here. . . . . I actually prefer to use a bucket, it is clean and sanitary. If I had no other option than a holding tank in my boat I would give up sailing, for me its a deal breaker.
Say what? So you use the bucket sans the bag and then what? Tip the contents over the side? Or leave it in the corner until you leave the anchorage? When I was a teenager we had a joke that went "How do you keep flies out of the kitchen? Answer: Put a bucket of shite in the lounge". Maybe it's not a joke - maybe it really works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootnavigator View Post
I've used the bucket and wag bags for years and I can tell you 5 minutes a day really isn't that big of an issue. Having 20 gallons of **** under your mattress is third world nasty. Nothing like going on a pristine yacht and smelling ****.
OK, let's not split hairs - you probably don't use them now, right? So what do you use now? From the second quote above it's not a holding tank.

I'm not taking the piss (no pun intended), I'm really intrigued.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

Arthur C. Clarke
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook