SailNet Community - View Single Post - How to go for 1 or 2 year cruise?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014
Swab

vega1860 is on a distinguished road
Re: How to go for 1 or 2 year cruise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVarlope View Post
How are those 27 pocket cruiser? I own a 25' tanzer and cannot imagine living on it for a long period of time.

I know that they have more headroom and better function. They must be confortable for you to live on it for 12 years. was yours the aft cabin model?

That nor'sea is not to far from where i live I could go look at it. What should I be worried about and look for??
Wife and I have lived aboard and cruised a Vega 27 for going on 18 years. I lived aboard that same boat in Honolulu for six years before we met. The Vega is a bit roomier than a Norsea, possibly a bit faster, certainly less expensive to buy on the used market, but the Norsea has a lot to offer. Either one would Work fine for one or two people. Either will take you anywhere you want to go on the worlds waterways and still fit on a trailer for overland trips or cheap storage.

With a paid-for boat and US$50K, I think you could cruise until you get tired of it - almost indefinitely - if you are frugal and stop to work occasionally.

My advice? Don't saddle yourself with "Too much boat". Don't worry. Be happy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook