SailNet Community - View Single Post - why so long?
Thread: why so long?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014

captain jack is on a distinguished road
Re: why so long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidney777 View Post
Here is pic of Hickory axe handle. 3ft long. One end is flat & fits between tiller to bolt on.
Handle is curved a bit similar to a store bought tiller. Not a joke. Or a wheel can be fit on a shaft coming up from tiller fitting. If you don't like the $10 Hickory I'll send you the $10.
True Temper® - 36 inch Hickory Single Bit Axe Handle People's lives depend on it not breaking.
that would actually make a nice looking tiller. $10 beats a hundred. it would take some spacers to fit the tiller bracket but that's a solid idea.

i had considered a shaft hooked straight down on the fitting. but it would sit pretty far to stern. of course, the wheel could be mounted on the front of the post, instead of the rear. i'd still have to figure out gears to go from the wheel to the shaft. i am sure that something else, totally unrelated, might have such gears which could be canabilized; perhaps the rear end from some sort of go cart.

1971 Cal 27

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook