SailNet Community - View Single Post - When does BigRed56 get out of jail?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2002

JohnDrake is on a distinguished road
When does BigRed56 get out of jail?

Romeo,

Jeff can defend himself but I think you simply do not know anything of his background. Jeff H was a professional marine archetect and designed the kinds of boats we are talking about. He may be, perhaps, the only true yachting industry person on this board and thus has a unique perspective. I do not know Jeff personally, but we are both from the Annapolis area. He has been very generous with his own time in writing me and others here with some very good advice. Jeff has owned, cruised and raced aboard many boats over a period of decades. From what I gather, he races once or twice a week in addition to cruising the boat he just got after a long search, a Farr 38.

I, for one, appreciate someone who is willing to put the effort into posting a well informed and carefully thought out answer and who can take a bashing... on TECHNICAL merits. Jeff has a well known biased towards light, modern hulls, but he says so, for the most part and it makes a good balance to those of us who are affectionado''s of heavy displacement offshore boats.

Ignorant comments directly towards someone personally have no place here.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook