SailNet Community - View Single Post - why so long?
Thread: why so long?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014

captain jack is on a distinguished road
Re: why so long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manatee View Post
In "Buehler's Backyard Boatbuilding", George shows how to convert tiller to wheel steering without breaking the bank, and even keeping the tiller. (He also has lots of other DIY stuff you might find interesting/useful. )

Buehler's Backyard Boatbuilding cover

From his website :

Buehler's Backyard Boatbuilding description:

Starting with tools: "... the true craftsman is a rare bird; no more in tune with the Cosmos than you, just more patient..." to instructions for the proper use of alcohol at the launch, this book guides you step by step through the process of building a real sea-going cruising boat. Written from the novel point of view of keeping costs down and having fun, this is, if you'll pardon me, the BEST "how-to" book since "Volkswagen Repair For The Complete Idiot." There's 160 pages of drawings and photos, and even complete plans ranging from a 28' cutter to a 55' displacement power boat.

Print & mail or fax, or e-mail the following info: Please note; These things are NOT refundable without prior agreement!

Name: __________________________________________________ __________________________

Address: __________________________________________________ _________________________

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

"BUEHLER’S BACKYARD BOATBUILDING" $25.95______(FREE with all Building Plans. Add $6.00 Priority US postage, $11.00 Canada Air Priority, $13.00 western Europe air, and $22.00 elsewhere. If "elsewhere" is less than $22 we'll refund the difference. For example, Italy is $11 for Global Priority, but Slovenia next door doesn't accept US Global so postage there is $22)

George Buehler Yacht Design
P.O. Box 966,
Freeland, WA 98249

Telephone & fax (360) 331-5866
email: design@georgebuehler.com

#include ${std-disclaimer}

just started looking through his site. it's a delightful, well written site and he has a really good philosophy about life. well worth checking out.

he has some nice looking designs. i notice that the boats i have seen so far don't have a tiny toe rail, like most modern sailboats. they have low....we'd call them knee rails in the construction business. kind of old timey. i like that and wonder why it's not still done on modern sailboats.

1971 Cal 27

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by captain jack; 01-19-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook