SailNet Community - View Single Post - Paella recipes
Thread: Paella recipes
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 01-20-2014 Thread Starter
Re: Paella recipes

Outstanding christian....... thanks.

I suppose we should also mention that a paella pan requires somewhat even heat along a big flat bottom. On a BBQ or woodfire is pretty cool, but I haven't tried one like that yet. It may be neat to try on a beach sometime, but its a lot of ingredients to bring to shore.

A 12 person pan is approx 20" across the bottom and a 20 person pan must be well over 2 feet!! Beautiful, but perhaps impractical aboard.

My little 13" pan works great on the boat galley stove. I was thinking of trying to fashion a larger burner for the rail, but it would be tough. For my bigger pans at home, I have a propane paella burner, which has concentric flame rings to heat the larger bases. I think my burner will hold up to 22". At home, I put it on the stove top and run the propane hose across the counter. Probably a code violation of some kind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome