SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sanding Tool
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007
Junior Skipper

toewsrus is on a distinguished road
I've used this sander on drywall, but not fiberglass. My guess is it would work about the same.

The water does pick up most of all the dust. It leaves quite a thick layer of sludge at the bottom of the bucket. The tubes, being flexible with ridges, tend to collect a fair amount of dust in them and need a good flushing when the job is done.

I found that the water can splash out of the bucket towards the vacuum. causing a thin layer of drywall compound that hardens, if not cleaned right away, on the inside of that tube. Possibley lowering the water a little would help.

One thing I noticed was a large amount of static that built up in the tubes. It may be because it was winter and dry, but I bet it is pretty common just from the material flowing throught the pipe.

I'd still use a bag/filter on the vac as a little dust always gets though. On my vac I have "HEPA" bags. I know they're not real HEPA, but they do trap smaller dust particles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The slight variations in spelling and grammar have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Let's Roll
This is the Great Adventure
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook