SailNet Community - View Single Post - Business grant for charter startup
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007

jimi71 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor
If you don't have a complete business plan ready, and you don't know the exact location, boat type, expected traffic and utilization...you won't qualify for any money from anyone except a scam artist. Making money in a charter business, if you have no experience in running one, is a real long shot. (And I'm rashly assuming you don't, or you'd know where and how to finance it already.)
I understand business plans and already have owned a company (not charter). I do have experience in working for a charter though (not running one..so you are partly "rashy").

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor
, if you want to find a way to obtain business financing, you'd be better off calling the SBA or going to the library and borrowing the books on how to do it.
I plan on talking with my grant writers at my company (they deal mostly in educational grants but Im sure they can point me in some direction other than being sarcastically berated or goofed on), plus doing the research. My question here is if anyone has gone through with it for their own business. That's all.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook