SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014

robelz is on a distinguished road
Re: Winners of the 2014 European boat of the year award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Not me that have been today at the Messe, that was has good as usual, like the local beer on the AltStadt on that old brewery with an interior all in wood and that makes his own bear. One full day for the boats, two days for the brewery. The beer wins hands down

Tomorrow I will lunch in Kevelaer, a favorite small town with another fantastic brewery/restaurant (I had already dinned there) and it will be it for this year.

Regarding the boats, yesterday was the night were they have voted the boat of the year and it bring no surprises for me. The only one that I would not have indicated as Favorite on the respective categories would be the Saphier and thats because on that one there was two favorites, the Seascape 27 and the Saphier 27.

But if you have saw the movies that I posted (yacht.de) regarding the testing maybe you would remember that I commented how fast the boat seemed on light winds face to the other boats, even bigger ones. It seems that it was not only me that noticed that

The other winners, that proudly wear already today on the hulls that distinction, were for performance cruiser the Dehler 38, for family cruiser the Oceanis 38 and for luxury cruiser the Contest 42 CS.
Well, there are few breweries with wooden interior... Uerige? Schumacher? Füchschen? Schlüssel? These are the most famous ones... The "Alt" in Altstadt has nothing to do with the Altbeer. Altstadt means old town while Alt in Altbeer comes from the latin word "altus" which means "high" and refers to the top fermentation (similar to bavarian beer) method. I am pretty sure Wikipedia is wrong here (even the german wiki).

Well, there are no surprises with the EYOTY: They always chose the most boring one...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook