SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pearson Vanguard 33 reviews?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014
Banned

seabreeze_97 is on a distinguished road
Re: Pearson Vanguard 33 reviews?

If you ever feel the need to mod your future Vanguard, check out what this fellow did. The ad is expired, but the pic is still there. He said the rudder mod made a huge difference, so much so that he had to go back and slow down the ratio as it was turning so much faster.
Pearson Vanguard 33 yacht for sale
Also, while JimPendoley, I believe, represents an honest informant on his boat, warts and all, here's a link to another review that, surprise surprise, backs him up. Go here, and click the bullet on the left that says "American Beauty"
The Pearson Vanguard Page
Finally, it amazes me how there's constantly this question of the durability of fiberglass boats. We read about the plastic trash island in the pacific, the plastic bottles that will "never bio-degrade in our landfills," and blah, blah, blah about the evils of plastic. Well, does it bio-degrade or doesn't it? Does it last 100 years in the sun, or doesn't it? Duplicitous, me thinks. And this is said about discarded light plastic items, not a maintained, much heavier glass/plastic boat. Do the bottles last forever, but the boats don't? And spare me the stress analysis comparing a working boat vs a soda bottle. It is what it is. Either plastic boats will last forever, or the plastic bottle invincibility theory is sunk.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook