SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tahiti to New Zealand
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014

piclarke is on a distinguished road
Re: Tahiti to New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
1. The 8 - 12 dollars per day is paid by the crew member, not the captain, I believe.
2. This thread is 7 years old.
3. Why would you start name calling? If you don't think it's a good deal then move on. I, for one, would be happy to pay 8 - 12 dollars per day for an incredible experience.
I was replying originally to the poster, as an education, information posting for inexperienced crew.

For the record crew members do not have to post a bond with the authorities in the Pacific Islands of the South Pacific nor does the Captain/Owner for that matter. If a vessel enters a Island nation with crew the vessel must leave with all crew declared on the crew list. If not under their laws the Captain is responsible for all Accomondaton - meals - Transport- airfares, not the crewmember or crewmembers. So don't be sucked in by this person telling incorrect happenings in the Pacific Islands, which is still relevant today.

Sailor 37 replied and I replied to his posting a few days ago.

No body has been name calling with my recent posting.

For further arguments re who, how much should pay

Read

Forum List Page

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook