SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Winners of the 2014 European boat of the year award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
Well, there are few breweries with wooden interior... Uerige? Schumacher? Füchschen? Schlüssel? These are the most famous ones... The "Alt" in Altstadt has nothing to do with the Altbeer. Altstadt means old town while Alt in Altbeer comes from the latin word "altus" which means "high" and refers to the top fermentation (similar to bavarian beer) method. I am pretty sure Wikipedia is wrong here (even the german wiki).

Well, there are no surprises with the EYOTY: They always chose the most boring one...
Yes, I mean the first one, Uerige. I know what means Altstadt and what I said was that the Uerige is on the Altstadt

I love the typical beer from Dusseldorf (the dark bitter one) the one that is called elsewhere India Pale Ale, a funny name since it has nothing to do with the beer being made in India. In fact it is a British one but I doubt that would have come from British to Germany. How is that bear named there? They always ask me if I want the blond or the dark

I don't agree with you regarding them choosing always the more boring ones: Last year the performance cruiser was the Pogo 12.50 and the Luxury cruiser the Yt 13.98, the two most exciting yachts on each category.

I understand their choice and even agree with it but as I have said it seems to me that a category is missing, one that separates performance cruisers from top racers with cruising potential.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 01-22-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook