SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Morozov

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt vimes View Post
yeah, interesting if true...
still - there is something not kosher with the traveler being screwed to the transom - how is that supposed to work on deep reaches?
the two winches on either side directly in front of the helm is also something not very practical, especially in this configuration where the inner winch is rendered useless because the linefeed is blocked by either the helm or the other winch...

and have a look at the interior - do you see any available space for a fridge?

i know these are just rough renders but it looks weird...

some images of the soler 35FC which is build at the moment:
Morozov Yachts: Soler-35 Fast Cruiser Hull No.1
That in fact is not a new brand but a kind of auto promotion based on a design series by Morozov, a Russian NA. He had been posting many designs on internet but his designs were not turned in reality many times. His more known and significant work (made real) has nothing new, a motorsailor, kind of "Fisher" style and Atoa, a high latitude sailboat,

not bad but pretty banal (underbody and hull) that took ages to sell and was announced for ages on the internet and magazines. I see also a huge motor yacht (that I didn't new off) and that seems nice.

Morozov Yachts custom yachts for unlimited cruising

Regarding the new Soler series, they are based on 40 class boats but with some oddities and some design that I really don't think it fits, like a 40class boat with a cat cabin that increases windage a lot. Those high cabins are needed on cats but not on monohulls and I don't understand why he uses them on those designs. Even for what he purposed he did not need to have a sopreminent cabin, look for instance for the RM line.

The only one that is actually being made is the 35 and regarding that one I find the hull design too fat on the middle section and as I said, the overall design ugly and out of proportion.

Morozov Yachts: SOLER-35 FC Fast Cruiser

Morozov Yachts: Soler-35 Fast Cruiser Hull No.1

Some of the other Morozov designs, some much more interesting than the Soler series appear now under the name of Teixido & Harrold (including the Soler) but his name never appears there????. I had saw some of those designs posted years ago under the name of Morozov. Take a looK:

teixido_/) harrold yacht design and engineering

Bottom point: some really nice designs (not the Soler) but no racing experience nor testing on those hulls so I would reserve my opinion about its effectiveness. Nice drawings means not necessarily efficient hulls but I would say that Morozov deserved a better chance to prove his ideas. Not so easy in Russia

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 01-23-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook