SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pearson Vanguard 33 reviews?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Re: Pearson Vanguard 33 reviews?

Thank you everyone for the lively discussion, and for the very kind words.

MStern, I have never understood why the Renegade has such a small production run followed by instant obscurity. They have always struck me as one of Bill Shaw's nicest designs for its era. The Renegade design was moving away from the extremes of that era with a proportionately longer waterline, finer bow, more moderate wetted surface and foils. Very clean lines; not too heavy, not too light. Both the traditional aft galley layout and the alternate, dinette layout were quite workable for a boat this size. The only slightly odd thing about the Renegade was the propeller shaft exiting the back of the keel on the inboard versions. What is there not to like?

There is a seemingly nice example for sale on Yachtworld for $4,500.

1968 Pearson Renegade Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook