SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pearson Vanguard 33 reviews?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014

slax is on a distinguished road
Re: Pearson Vanguard 33 reviews?

well a lively and informative thread. nothing as knowledgable or experienced to offer as the 4 pages before. But my personal take as a budget minded cruiser, is that I love my Vanguard 33'. Was perfectly in my initial budget, and have been able to maintain a consistent flow of improvements/reinforcements as we have grown to know one-another. Definitely friendly to the DIY mentality, the open canvas of the galley/cabin/head, minimal outfitting and age, have for me been a great benefit in designing the systems, stowage, and living space efficiently and to fit my needs. Its been a learning and growing process with everything though, fairly novice sailor which comes with its own learning curve . Good with electronic, systems and physics so we're getting it together... at ~33' she can be a bit to handle alone. But I pay great attention and go out on light days if I choose to single hand around the bay. Really for what I want/need and the end goal, I think from my research on her numbers/design/strength.. we can make it as far as I am competent enough to prepare for and voyage through. If not, that will be made known through the process... on the A4... its stinky and noxious, need to pull that out and put something in its place... was reading a really interesting thread on the vw single port 1600.. I have a lot of experience with these, and parts are everywhere.. might be something worth trying out. Was thinking for the engine upgrade going with a hydrolic pump exchange between the gearbox and the flywheel, so the range of options opens up a bit.. not committed to anything yet, just looking at options and what I know well already...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook