SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sizing a Battery Charger for Windlass Battery
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007

btrayfors will become famous soon enough btrayfors will become famous soon enough
CapnHand,

Thank YOU for the reference. I hadn't seen Jack Rabbit's ad on eBay.

This is a heck of a deal: $175 for the DLS-55 with the internal IQ-4 controller and free shipping. I just bought one! They have 9 of them, according to their ad.

One other thing: they are apparently under the impression that these chargers are only for flooded batteries because they aren't temperature sensing. That's not right. They use a technology which works equally well with flooded, gelled, or AGM batteries, and without temperature sensing.

Among other benefits of these chargers I haven't previously mentioned is their wide tolerance for variations in input voltage and cycles. This makes them really good for use with onboard generators, as well as with shore power.

And, speaking of power, these Iota's often put out a LOT more battery charging energy than do other brands of equal ratings. They are industrial-rated for 100% duty cycle, and carry a 2-year guarantee, while the rest of the industry usually has 1-year guarantees and their equipment isn't rated for 100% duty cycle.

Now, anybody REALLY want a used ProMariner 10A smart charger?

Bill

Last edited by btrayfors; 04-10-2007 at 09:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook