SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Oceanis 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjung View Post
Regarding the Bene 38, i doubt it will enjoy record sales here in the US. From my conversations with brokers, the 38 is not receiving the warm welcome as they had hoped, but the sales for the Oceanis 37 platinum version are doing very well. The high freeboard, and angular, blocky appearance is most likely too "Euro" (yes, Paulo, EURO, not modern or contemporary!!! ) for the US. Also, sailperformance is not an improvement over the O37.
The versatility down below, is what most likely swayed the judges.
I really liked the Winner 9.00 in that category. Would be nice to get the testing notes from the judges for all boats, winner or not.
Yes, very contemporary, I would say revolutionary for a mass production boat (as the testers pointed out) and yes I did not expect that the boat would sell well in the US: Too conservative sailors

But that is good, they can sell the old Oceanis 37 in the states while they will sell the 38 on the rest of the world. I believe the boat is going to be a sucess and US sales are not very representative in total sales numbers.

Anyway the Americans need time: When it went out the Oceanis 37 was very modern, a big hit on Europe but not on the States where it took 5 years to get acceptance. I believe the same will happen with the 38.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 01-24-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook