SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014

capt vimes is on a distinguished road
Re: Reversed bows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
The Hydroptere comes from the past (1994) and it is a design that has been continually upgraded. Both amas (lateral floaters) have already inverted bows and as all new contemporary racing trimarans, the development project previews also an inverted bow on the main hull as well as a rigid wing. As you know the project has run out of funding on the last years and that is what explains the delay in upgrading the boat.

Some pictures, the first one comparing the existent with the project from some years ago and the last one with the last development:

I hope they found the money to go ahead with the new boat that should be miles ahead from the older one. In fact the new boat makes the previous version look quite old

Regards

Paulo
oh - i hope that they get their fundings as well... incredible what they achieved!
btw - their amas look like they were taken directly from some waterplane and screwed to a slender monohull...
and please do not get me wrong - while i see the merits of wave piercing bows in race boats, i do not see them in cruisers...
as mentioned in the other thread, without massive water ballast, all those ocean racing monos are prone for a nose dive - and i think you cannot disagree with that.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook