SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beneteau vs Hunter
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2002

carisea is on a distinguished road
Beneteau vs Hunter

At one point in my dream I said I would never buy a Hunter. We bareboat chartered Beneteau all over the Caribbean and the Chesapeake. We finally realized that to cruise for an extended period would require a boat large enough to be comfortable or the dream would end quickly after one two many times kicking my wife in the head to get out of a quarter berth. A 40-44ft boat was the size we settled on an started the search. We quickly realized looking at moody, tartan,or sabre, would break our budget and we would never get" out there" Beneteau''s out of the charter fleet were reasonably priced but beat to crap. We found a Hunter Passage 42 (one owner) in excellent condition. The liveability is incredible for the price and for our plan to cruise the ICW and the Caribbean via island hopping to Granada from Florida the boat is perfect. The boat came with so many extras and they all worked! Is it a blue water boat? are you a blue water sailor? If money is a factor Hunter can get you on the water.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook