SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Reversed bows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt vimes View Post
and please do not get me wrong - while i see the merits of wave piercing bows in race boats, i do not see them in cruisers...
as mentioned in the other thread, without massive water ballast, all those ocean racing monos are prone for a nose dive - and i think you cannot disagree with that.
Yes I disagree with that. Trimarans don't have water ballast and as I have showed you don't have necessarily to have less buoyancy. The Neo 400, the performance cruiser that I had posted above does not have water ballast and you are going to see on the next years most performance cruisers adopting the inverted bow simply because it works better performance wise.

An inverted bow is not necessarily wave piercing, in the sense it works on the that fast motor boat. There is many ways to design an inverted bow and the objective on a sailboat is to diminish wave drag with a better dissipation of the wave energy and with less spray not to pierce waves passing through them.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook