SailNet Community - View Single Post - One Last "All is Lost " thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014

billyruffn will become famous soon enough
Re: One Last "All is Lost " thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bene505 View Post
Not wanting to spend many hourse reading the long thread... Is the film worth seeing in the theaters? Or wait until it's out on Netflix?

Regards,
Brad
Brad, save your money....after the "this is an SOS call" in the trailer, I determined that we would not spend the in-theater money. My wife convinced me to spend $5.99 with On Demand a few nights ago and even that was a mistake. I walked out after 30 minutes. I just couldn't take it -- that bad.

It might have been a good film about "life" for anyone who doesn't know anything about sailing, but I just couldn't get over the fact that he was making mistake after mistake....and, as you might guess, things were not going well for him. I walked in at the end to see that "all's well that ends well" and, in this case, an idiot sailor got what he probably deserved.

For those who think my critique is off-base....it may be. I didn't see the movie...I couldn't, it was just too painful. IMHO, Redford didn't get an Oscar nomination because he didn't deserve one....and neither did the producers of this ______________________. (After you see it you can fill in the blank )
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook