SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Fareast 31R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post

One alternative is to shift construction to China and other low-cost countries. But then, I think it is very important to maintain a yacht building industry in Europe (and the U.S., of course). And building quality boats requires a great deal of skill. And people with such skills ought be compensated properly, in my opinion (with all due respect to skilled boat builders in China and Taiwan).
That has already being happening and the last boat is beautiful. I saw it on Dusseldorf and life is even more impressive. I mean this one:

A Simonis Voogd design made for Fareast, a Chinese company. This one is not a boat made by an American or European company in China but a true Chinese boat. They are all very young and very enthusiastic and I believe they will go far.

This boat the 31r has a base price of USD 140 000 euros and that is pretty incredible since it is a carbon boat including carbon rig. It comes without sails and white. The red one costs more USD 3750.

The dimensions point to a true rocket:

Displacement - 1800kg and from those 1200Kg are ballast

Draft 2.10m Lenght 9.80m, Beam 2.95m, Sail area upwind 65.0m2, downwind 161.0m2.

They have a boat that may interest you, the Fareast 26. I have already posted about it.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook