SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Bavaria Easy 9.7...easy for 49 950 €.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Nice review of the fareast and sf3600 in the recent issue Bob! now if I could afford the 3600, or the 349........Id be a happy camper. THen again, I brought home a "Showboat" rag from work......spouse says something to effect these boats are in a different league.......a mere 14-15Mil US$ for one of the sailboats listed.....mid 100' arena......hmmmmmmm

Marty
Marty the 3600 is more expensive than the 349 and it is a top racer with a quite naked interior, but the 349 is just what you want trust me. I saw the boat in Dusseldorf and I thought in you. Probably you have pissed the Jeanneau guys so much about having a big head on a small boat with separated shower and all that they have made it just for you

It seemed a great boat to me, way better than the 379 and as good as the 409 in what regards design with just a little snag. I will post about it soon.

But let me tell you that if you don't have the money for it makes not sense to wait for years but more sense in buying the "new" Bavaria Easy 9.7, a good boat that now costs here 49 950 € including sails.

"Daysailer, Weekender or Fun Cruiser, whatever you may call the BAVARIA EASY 9.7, she concentrates only upon the essentials. Her open stern, the spacious cockpit and the tidy deck layout make the handling of the BAVARIA EASY 9.7 simple for single or double handed crews precisely and efficient, just easy. The helmsman can comfortably reach the winches for the genoa which makes manoeuvring become an easy game.

Below decks the spacious atmosphere feels like a 37-foot yacht. A wide and light flooded saloon gives a loft feel with open views. Big bunks in the stern and bow, a coffee table in the saloon, a small galley for tasty snacks occasionally and an easy-care bathroom unit which is part of the basic setup make it easy for either on a long or only short week-end trip.

An impressive base price for the BAVARIA EASY 9.7 of only 49,950 Euros excluding tax. The Easy Living package is also available for 6,590 Euros excluding taxes and includes additional practical equipment. Besides the cockpit table, a transom shower is also fitted in the cockpit. A fridge, holding tank, a 240v shore power connection along with a hot shower in the bathroom nicely round up the Easy Living package. "

Bavaria Yachtbau: BAVARIA EASY 9.7 ? 49.950,- ? excluding tax ? That?s why I?m easy!

The boat is a Bavaria answer to the Hanse Varianta series and it is quite interesting, a kind of Bavaria 33 (Farr designed) reduced to the essentials, but lighter and therefore faster.

you guys keep saying that new boats are expensive...well, this one (or the Varianta 37) are not and are also great sailing boats. The Bavaria 33 was already a lot of boat for the money (for more 20 000 euros) now the price of the new version is just an EASY one

Here a very nice comparative test between the Bavaria 33 and the Hanse 345

Movie:

Bavaria Cruiser 33 gegen Hanse 345 - Yacht TV - Segel Videos von Europas größtem Yacht Magazin

A boat test:

http://www.farrdesign.com/reviews/67...ay_Feb2013.pdf

In fact I like more the new version: It is lighter, it has not that big swimming platform, featuring an open transom (that I find more attractive) and has not that strange system with the mainsheet line passing trough the top of the cockpit table. The table is out and the mainsail line goes to the cockpit deck were it will be easy to add a traveler.

I don't have a fixed cockpit table on my boat and find out that a removable small teak garden table does very well the job for a fraction of the price and leaving the cockpit uncluttered when stored.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 01-25-2014 at 08:19 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook