SailNet Community - View Single Post - Islander Freeport 36
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014
new dad!

christian.hess is on a distinguished road
Re: Islander 36 projects in paradise!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowanocna View Post
A bit off subject, I am having problems finding proper threads, so Ill have to attempt to dump this question here. Is Islander Freeport 36 ( a common boat in western usa ) hull and rigging capable of deslimg with the Caribbean? Any close to a blue water boat? Cant find answers anywhere on the internet..
yeah man for sure! those islander freeport are definetaly more coastal cruisers and comfier

I crewed on one shortly in baja california and the amount of room and space they had even compared to my islander gurney 36 was impressive
my boat is beamy sort of ior but in cruise mode, slow in very light winds but can take 35knots easy like they do in san francisco, ca

you have a nice boat, and for the caribbean its fine...do a search for islander freeport using google images and youll see a lot cruising

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook