SailNet Community - View Single Post - Islander Freeport 36
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014

sowanocna is on a distinguished road
Re: Islander Freeport 36

Thanks for taking time to help out, including moving the thread. "Desling"= dealing. Tablet typo.. Those are all the reason why I love this boat- space, the Pullman() bearth? All the headroom. And as most people seem not to like the head, I think its a fantastic size with space for easy but surely rare shower.. Still, it would be great to know that if cought in some weather, the boat would handle it. I may have to single hand it as well. In the Caribbean, and Gulf of Mexico. Would also want to be able to run up and down the east coast sometimes. It does have kind of a deep drsft for Florida and Caribbean? Hence my favourite boat remains Kadey Krogen 37. There is another swing keel built in Britain of simular size as the Islander Freeport, also almost a pilot house, ( lost track of the name) with a wheel inside as well as in the cockpit, but I head can be hard to sail. I think ( I am no expert my any means, just have been reading everything I can, sailed some in the Gulf, and for many years sailed on a lake in a small boat) I would like to know I would be safe in the Freeport, in the places I talked about, granted I dont take huge risks with the weather, althoigh I am by nature a risk taker to a degree, so there is always a chance of getting cought in the wrong stuff. Wouldnt want to loose a mast, or have the hull not hold up. I Just joined the FOGgers website, hope they let me in, will bother them there as well. Anything on safety of the Freeport would be appreciated, as this seems an easier to find boat, then a Krogen, or a CSY33.. :-)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook