SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Paulo,

I can probably get a 349 cheaper than a Varanta. As it will cost me $20K or so US to get the boat across the atlantic, then across NA. Where as I only have to get a 349 across NA, as I am recalling them building it in the joint South Carolina plant on the east coast. OR hopefully they will be. Otherwise at $120K for a base boat, I would be surprised one can get a boat with that level of trim etc for that base of a cost here any how.

But with a spouse losing some 50K a year since 08 in the reality market, new boats, much less barely affording a place to live is not happening. House is for sale, hopefully it will sell before the bank forecloses, boat may be soon also. This depression over here has not been good to us for many reasons shapes and forms.

Marty
Hei Marty,

Marty really sorry to know about your troubles. If it serves you of any consolation in Portugal we are also having a bad time. Me and my wive I retired early with a big cut on the pensions preferring to have time to money but what we did not expect was that our pensions to be cut after being granted. They went down as much as 25% and I was counting on the Architecture work (the pension is from teaching work) but that has also been down also with very few people buying new houses and with lots of older houses for sale cheaply. Not really a problem for us because we have everything paid own the house and the boat but life as to be more modest. Only now things start to look better in what regards the country but it will take years to go back to normality.

Back to sailing, I was mot talking about the Varianta but about the Bavaria 9.7. The base price there for a Bavaria 33 is 148 200 USD. The base price for the 9.7 should be about 120 000 USD, something like that. I believe it will be a bit cheaper than the jeanneau, but the Jeanneau 349 is a better boat. The price you give for the Jeanneau 349 is considerably lower than what the boat costs in Europe.

On boat prices a lot depends on local policies, factory interest, dealer cut and price of equipment but if that Bavaria cannot be sold at least for less USD 20 000 less than the Jeanneau 349 it would not be a good deal. I will keep an eye on that out of curiosity.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook