SailNet Community - View Single Post - Should I be scared??? What would you do???
View Single Post
  #5  
Old 01-26-2014
MikeOReilly's Avatar
MikeOReilly MikeOReilly is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Posts: 1,092
Thanks: 100
Thanked 49 Times in 44 Posts
Rep Power: 5
MikeOReilly is on a distinguished road
Re: Should I be scared??? What would you do???

What Outbound said...

We began the purchase of our current boat in February. We couldn't even view the boat for a month or so (it was located on an island in Lake Superior), and then had to wait even longer for water to thaw. When we finally made the offer it was contingent on a satisfactory survey AND a sea trial. Deal accepted, 10% down, the rest paid when contract was satisfied. We waited for months. Everything worked out in the end.

A broker is always motivated to move the boat right now. It's how they get paid. Ignore the pressure and do what is right for you. Make the offer that works for you. They may not accept it, but that is the seller's right. If you can't strike a deal, move on. There's lots of boat out there.
__________________
Why go fast, when you can go slow.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook