SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaramaz View Post
No, Robelz did not sate anything about the weight. We all know, one can use may parameters for boats, none will capture all important aspects.

Even if we assume weight, the generalizations have not sufficient basis: It is well known that narrow boats have to have more lead as they have less form stability (which in itself is a generalization, agreed).

Narrow boats have their charm, without any question. I have had several . Fat boats have other charms.

But I do not see the need for sweeping generalizations, looking down at this or that brand. We all make our choises, most often these are comprimizes.

/J
I think you are being too harsh with Robelz's post. I implied he was talking about boats with the same weight and as a generic generalization it does not seemed bad to me.

Yes, we can say that generically a narrow boat needs more ballast or more draft or a much more efficient keel to compensate the superior stability given by the hull form stability of a beamier boat, if both boats have about the same displacement and speed.

For understanding your comments and since you have given your boat as a reference it is useful to know what boat you sail. What is your boat?

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 01-27-2014 at 07:55 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook