SailNet Community - View Single Post - Islander Freeport 36
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014

sowanocna is on a distinguished road
Re: Islander Freeport 36

That, is a beautiful thing. I am talking to a rare artist.. I have to say this: I have looked at many boats. One thing I have found, is that after a while, I have noticed that certain boats, simply put, almost turn me on. I know, that when I already like the boat on the outside, and then look below, I automatically either get "that feeling", or not. Your boats -:-) - Art. Yeah, the people did also replace the boards with the single long door. They did mention that their friend fell in through the companionway during some sort of freak wave, hence Im sur that is a big part for them why they want to keep it closed. Fair enough, I would hate the feeling of being sort of stuck on only a part of the the boat. I guess maybe simply replacing the boards would be enough, if they are older, and leak. I seriously dont think this should be a big problem. Mostly, I wanted to have that confidence one needs to fully enjoy what they are doing. I skii as well, I happened to be near a slope when we got a surprise snow storm, so I rented the equipment, told the man the boots are just a tad big, didnt have the confidence, but told myself, that I cant let this ruin a rare day on the hill, and pressed as hard as Im used to. Naturally I ate it, ate it hard. He replaced my boots, but the rest of the day just wasnt the same. Knowing what you told me, Im sure the " shoe fits". Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook