SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dickinson Newport diesel heater - no fuel flow
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014

PaulinVictoria is on a distinguished road
Dickinson Newport diesel heater - no fuel flow

I have a Dickinson Newport diesel heater, older model of course but still basically the same as the new ones. I didn't install it, came with the boat so I assume it worked OK at some point.
Anyway, it runs off a dedicated tank mounted about 12" above the height of the metering vale, gravity fed fuel. I've checked that the vent is clear (even tried with the filler cap off).
I get fuel to the metering valve, checked the debris screen and it's all clear, I get fuel out of the metering valve at about the right rate (haven't had a proper measurement but it drips out, and the drips get quicker as I open the valve more), I get fuel to the bottom of the entry pipe to the burner. That's as far as the fuel gets.
When I open the valve fully, no fuel gets into the burner itself. I have put a pipe on the outlet tube in the burner and I can suck fuel through so there is no blockage.
Manual says that on full opening, the burner should get a tablespoon or so of fuel in a few minutes. I get none.
Any diesel heater experts out that there can suggest something?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook