SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Salona 33 IBC

One of the most beautiful boats on Dusseldorf was a small one, a Salona 33IBC, the top cruising-racing version of Salona and racing is only because the boat can do very well in ORC because the interior exudes class and certainly will be very comfortable for cruising (2 cabin version with a big and deep cockpit locker).

Never had saw a IBC version and I have to say that I was impressed more than with the performance aspects with the quality of finish: Almost luxurious.

The boat comes normally with a torpedo keel but on its top performance version it has a keel for IRC and another one to ORC. It seems that this strange one (it is just a big foil) is maximized for IRC. The keel is a composite one, with a steel structure and the bottom in lead. It was designed by Ker so I am sure it is efficient. It is an epoxy vacuum infused hull with carbon spars, carbon bulkheads and lots of carbon parts.

They don't give the weight of the IBC version but it will be certainly several hundreds kg lighter than the standard version that weights 4950kg.

And some great news regarding US sailors: Salona is back to the US. I think it was Edward that had already posted about that, well he was right and it seems that the new importer is trying hard since on the Miami boat show will be 3 boats. The 33, a 44 and most of all a 38 IBC version. Probably that means that some of those boats, specially the IBC version are already sold and as it is a top version probably it will be raced. I hope it goes to the hands of a good team. That boat had already showed a lot of potential.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 01-31-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook