SailNet Community - View Single Post - How do you rate your marina/mooring ?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Re: How do you rate your marina/mooring ?

When I first bought a sailboat, a 22 footer, I decided to keep it in a slip because I hated trailering it and I didn't want to deal with the ramp/mast raising/etc. alone (I was single at the time). I chose a marina first by using the Maryland Clean Marina list and starting at the top of the bay and working my way south from my house. My current marina is the first one who either didn't say 1) your boat is too small for us or 2) charge me a 30 foot rate for a 22 foot boat and, most importantly to me, a new sailor, 3) they were a sailboat marina first with some former America's Cup and current Key West racing sailors so I figure they'd be able to give me good advice when I needed it.

We stayed through our second boat and have had absolutely no complaints.

The docks are well maintained, management is responsive. A few of the yard guys live aboard in the marina so they as well as all the slip holders look after each other's boats. We can work on our boat and the marina has even let us use their tools (but we don't take advantage of them, we'll ask in an emergency only).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne

Last edited by DRFerron; 01-26-2014 at 10:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to DRFerron For This Useful Post:
Markwesti (01-26-2014)