SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
I hated this Ker-keel: Not efficient, but fast to its rating. That is exactly what I hate in rating systems..
I agree. The good thing is that is not the standard keel that is the more efficient one and gives more RM, an elongated torpedo one. It is not the boat that is wrong but the ratting system.

It is ridiculous to have three different keels, one for IRC, other for ORCI and another for offshore races or general uses as it is stupid that the more efficient one is the standard one and not the racing ones

It is not the only boat with several keels. top racers have to have them. It happens the same with the Archambault or JPK: several keels, each one for a given rating system and on the A boats it is even worse since the standard keel is not the torpedo one but one without bulb, like the one on that Salona.

They talked into merging the two rating systems but the installed interests seem too big. ORCI has made steps in the right direction, working with the main racing NA and contrary to IRC is an open formula.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook