Join Date: May 2002
Location: East Coast
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 16
Dawg...come sit in "my sunroom" any day. We were in shorts and T-shirts in 45 degree weather in our CC enclosure.
Genesis...I have owned both type boats and much prefer the CC cockpit at sea and in general:
1. You are at the center of the boat and have a more comfortable ride there than at the end of the boat.
2. You are higher off the water and there is less spray, waves, pooping seas to contend with
3. Aft cabin space and privacy.
4. With enclosure the cockpit can be warm and dry in all kinds of weather while still providing an all around view.
Disadvantages of CC:
1. coming into a dock you can't really help with the lines
2. less on deck storage...sacrificed for under deck storage/room
3. They tend to be more klunky looking when less than 40' or so.