SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Well Brent, there you go making things up again. You have a very short memory. Yes, I did desdign the Reliance. I met one owner several times at the Perry Rendezvous but he took off to go cruising and I have not seen him back. He loved his boat.
Bob, was it a Reliance 37? If it was, this one's my fault. Brent also said you'd designed an aluminum boat here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
Last time I left Tonga at the same time as a 28 ft aluminiun Bob Perry design. I took 57 days to BC, he took 99 days. You wouldn't do much better in any heavily loaded 31 footer, with all that the owner owns aboard.
That was what I was thinking about in terms of the fairy boat Brent made up - I just thought the Reliance 37 was yet another as I'd listed.

So, I'll go back and correct that one entry in the BSYMP thread - clarifying that he's lying about the owner's comments - not the boat.

I have no problem making such corrections. It's important that it's accurate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 01-27-2014 at 09:09 PM.