SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

David:
Many thanks.

Frankie will be a CSR for at least a couple of weeks. We don't have a real tiller yet. The engine is not hooked up. I' still pissing and moaning about the lack of a cove stripe. There is plenty yet to do.

Yoiu have time.

Dean:
You made what is one of the most common mistakes regarding the physics of loading a boat. Now you can correct the next guy that tells you a heavy boat can take a load better than a light boat. It's all about waterplane. But the caveat is that a light boat will be pressed to find room for all the etra gear while the heavy boat will have more voume for it.

Out:
You are forgetting the BS post where he claims two of his 36'ers sailed through the San Diego racing fleet and left them behind.
All I can figure is that they must have been going the opposite direction. BS boats have to be dog slow. I'm sure BS will come back with some BS for days runs but he can make up any numbers he likes. It's all BS to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site

Last edited by bobperry; 01-27-2014 at 11:04 PM.