SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hi new girl who loves working & playing on boats!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014

Group9 is on a distinguished road
Re: Hi new girl who loves working & playing on boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbyn View Post
Hey Sailnet Friends

I decided last minute to head down to the Keys on Wednesday and I am looking for some of the salvage stores you have all been talking about for sails and parts...

Can anyone tell me where some of these shpps are.... I love exploring shops like this while am on my travels. I Want to get a feel for the area again...

So excited!!!
I don't know of a good one in the keys. Sailorman, in Ft. Lauderdale, is a good one.(350 SE 24th Street).
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

I used to go in there every couple of weeks when I lived down there. I got some great deals, but you have to go a lot as the inventory is constantly changing.

If you haven't made your plans yet, a good way to go to the Keys is to fly into Ft. Lauderdale (not Miami unless you get a great rate), rent a car, and drive down. It's a slow haul down A1A, but worth it.

For more fun, take Old Card Sound Road either going down or coming back( but fill up with gas first).

Much better than flying over all of the Keys.

"Best thing to do is get her out on the ocean. If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there." Captain Ron Rico

Last edited by Group9; 01-28-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook