SailNet Community - View Single Post - SSB antenna
Thread: SSB antenna
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007

Omatako will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the concern about my preparation guys but the vessel was taken out in August last year coincidentally in Mexico and the bottom was painted and antifouled, through hulls serviced and a new prop fitted. One would assume they wouldn't not fix things like cutlass bearings etc while it was out. OK that is a little while ago but the underside should still be OK. In any case the boat is undergoing a full survey (hull, engine and rig) so I guess that'll tell it all. The way I see it is if I got a professional delivery done, the person doing it wouldn't sit around waiting for a month while repairs are done to his satisfaction. You check the critical systems are OK and the rest you live with. This is not a holiday voyage, it's a "delivery" voyage. A straight dash for home.

Whilst I haven't done any research yet, I'm astonished that the dealer I went to on-line has a price of $1900 and you guys are getting prices of half that. Seems I need to do some work. Thanks for the heads-up on that one.

And by the way, unless NZ has moved recently, it's only 6000 miles (rhumb line) :-)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook