SailNet Community - View Single Post - Voyaging on $500 per month
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014

manatee is on a distinguished road
Re: Voyaging on $500 per month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
The French like their meat undercooked ,in fact raw, slightly browned, on the outside only. The result is they have 30 times the food poisoning rate of the rest of the world.

I was given some canned pork. 90 minutes at 280 degrees had floated all the fat off it, and it was easily removed before eating.

I have accidentally dropped a bit of canned venison on the floor and it dried rock hard. Maybe drying after cooking would be an option.

I have read that you can dry eggs by cooking them first, then breaking them up ,drying and crumbling the cooked ,dried eggs.
Drying oysters is easy, and they keep forever ,for stews etc.
I have dried a lot of fish at sea.
Mmmm --- good old powdered eggs omelets, Navy style --- they start turning green after the 3rd day so eat up --- green eggs and ham is not so appetizing as you might hope.

The stroganoff & turkey tetrazzini are pretty good & these guys sometimes have bargains on bulk buys.

** Click the Pic **
===========================

"The skipper should be the calmest person on board.
It is good for the morale of those around you. However, if everyone around you is frightened then be aware of the possibility that they know something you donít."

~~Dylan Winter,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook