SailNet Community - View Single Post - Making money with your sailing blog
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014

dylanwinter1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Making money with your sailing blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Exactly as it should be. I choose to do something I find rewarding and satisfying, but not nearly as passionate as other things in my life. It also pays the bills that allow me to indulge some passions.

Interestingly, there is another angle. There is a big difference between going to the pub for a few pints with your friends and taking a client there. Heretofore, introducing a customer into something you enjoy, altered the experience.

I think the internet has changed that. The client is a ghost compared to traditional models. Easier to keep at arms length and, therefore, easier to introduce into your passion. However, that may also be why is pays less. No pain (with a client), no gain, in a way, I suppose.

It will be very interesting to see where this goes. Google is banking on a big sea change!

as a hack the new media has brought me far closer to the people who read my words, listen to yak and look at the images

I know more or less who they are, where they live, youtube tells me how old they are and most interestingly when in a film they give up and look at somethings else

however, in the past I worked for the BBC or newspapers they paid me for my work and they interfaced with the consumers of the copy

google just takes it because it owns the means of distribution

I am not complaining - just explaining

the world is the way it is

d

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by dylanwinter1; 01-30-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook