SailNet Community - View Single Post - Extreme Cold
Thread: Extreme Cold
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014

Pearson796 is on a distinguished road
Re: Extreme Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEXE View Post
I find anything other than a propane cookstove scary....
Our alcohol stove isn't pressurized and we like it. Propane scares me a bit on a boat. We leave our blower running whenever the propane heater is on.

Quote:

The electric heat did nothing for condensation really, i was having major issues with keeping enough air moving. to the point i would even hesitate making coffee. for fear of STEAM! you just back away from that rice cooker mate.
We seem to have less condensation with electric than when we have to do propane. We examined all the heaters and their strengths and weaknesses and determined a 1250/1500 radiant heater was best for our needs. Works very good down to about the mid 20's and then we have to pull out the propane heater.

Quote:

This winter i got me a wallas dt30, its a little bigger than a breadbox and it works great "so far"... condensation is a thing of the past. I burn about a gallon of diesel a
day when its 30f out and around 2 gallons when its 0...
I have a lot of experience in diesel heaters and it hasn't been good. I had one that came with my Thermoking APU and I had issues with it. I will never ever buy an Espar. The last company I worked for had them in their trucks and they never worked and apparently they are hard to get parts for. AND that company was a service rep for the company and still had major issues. It's just too much money to pay out for something I've had such crappy results with in the past. When they do work, they will roast you out, but that's when and if they work.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook