SailNet Community - View Single Post - Making money with your sailing blog
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014
First String

ltgoshen is on a distinguished road
Re: Making money with your sailing blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega1860 View Post

Having done that myself for several years now, I can answer with an unqualified yes. Based on my experience it is quite clear that it is possible to make a nice living using the internet. With current and near-future technology I think one might earn above average income even while at sea given reliable fast internet service.
We “my wife and I” look forward to the next post form Lealea. We, like most, have a dream of casting off one day, in fact we hope to leave in the fall of 2018. My wife, has carved out a niche’ in the software industry, which will be worked into the sailing lifestyle. We will need 2 to 4 hours a day of good internet service for her to keep this income. I, on the other hand, I will design a truck driver Web based safety training website and do on-site company speaking to cover D.O.T rules and regulations. I also hope to speak at trade shows. I will complete the toast-Masters speaker program this comming year. I will also have a small book on driver safety and inspections. As a transportation safety training consultant, I have made some really sweet money. I will spend the next phase of my 10 year plan making this business work from the boat. We are now 50 and hope to untie at 55. We hope to sail for 10 years. “SOUTH”
Thanks again, its folks like you that have given us the courage to do this.
P.S tell the admiral we would love to see more of her cooking on you-tube.
Cheers, Lt
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook