SailNet Community - View Single Post - Delware Bay up the Jersery coast someday
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Delware Bay up the Jersery coast someday

is kinda my dream. Hudson River, LI sound.. Even though I don't think I'll ever have the kind of time it would take to get there .. sailing to Maine is something I'd like to strive towards.

I'm obviously short on experiance but plan in the next couple of years to take a coastal nav course also. So, why does it seem so ominous to me when so many people I know with shoal draft have done it say: "just go!" ?? My reply is always.. uh.. yeah.. right... sure.. Then I start thinking... and wondering... "Maybe if the weather were.. and if the reefing lines were... and if ..."

I currently have an oday 30 finkeel, 4'11" draft, Keel stepped mast, that I'm slowly fixing up and upgrading as $ permits. New Traveler is already installed. My home port is Anchor Yacht Club, Bristol PA on the tidal Delaware. I already know it's way more fun and easier to sail then the Hunter 23 I had! She seems like a fairly stout boat too. We brought her up from Deal MD and kept er at Georgetown til the end of summer. BTW I love sailing on the Bay!! (chesapeake that is)

Denise
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook