SailNet Community - View Single Post - 10K$ boat --- Are Insurance and Survey REALLY mandatory?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014

Tim R. is on a distinguished road
Re: 10K$ boat --- Are Insurance and Survey REALLY mandatory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethecobbler View Post
be responsible - translation- I'm worried about what I have and you obviously don't have the financial means to "make good" if something happened. so,you shouldn't be allowed to be sailing because you can't afford my boat if you wreck it.
to that I say - if you're that scared, stay inside with the children. or YOU buy whatever insurance your fear dictates you need.
Putting insurance aside, are you saying you should not be held accountable for your actions?

Damn straight I am worried about what I have. I have worked a long time to purchase the home of our dreams. You run your boat into it, be prepared to do what it takes to make it right.

I am very pro sailor. Get out there any way you can. I do not care what kind of boat or how it looks or how much money you have but everyone needs to be accountable and take responsibility should they make a mistake. Too many folks these days point the finger or claim "he is rich enough to fix my mistake, why should I pay for it"

This is bordering on a huge political rant but I will stop here.

To the OP. Get the insurance or not is your choice but be a good citizen either way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-----------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook